Watch out Steamboat Springs, here come Grandma's Girls! We are 6 of the 9 granddaughters of Edna Eiker Lehfeldt, preparing for our first trip together! Three of us, Bea, Bev, and Barb (me) are sisters; Mary Beth and Peggy are sisters, and Deborah only has brothers. We are headed to Steamboat Springs, Colorado, where our youngest boy cousin lives, and who promises to show us the sights and do some of our cooking! (he is a trained chef!)
My sisters and I have taken 'Sister Trips' together but this will be the first time for the six of us. Whenever we get together we have all of the other cousins (there are 19 of us), aunts, uncles, children, nieces, nephews, etc. So, stay tuned for our exploits which will begin August 1.
(unfortunately the URL for Grandma's Girls has been taken already - but not used in 5 years!)
Good idea, Barb. I am ready to go, packed and everything. MB
ReplyDeleteThis cousin (MB)will be traveling by RV to Winnemucca, Vernal, then Steamboat Springs starting Thursday, July 30th and will meet up with cousin Peggy. What a trip! Husbands will hang out together in the RV Park while we continue to meet with remaining cousins. We cousins should be able to have lots to talk about remembering our roots and bragging about our "branches". Wish for no troubles on the drive out!! MB
ReplyDeleteLarry and I are sitting in Craig in the rain waiting for the rest of you to get here. Tomorrow we move to an RV park 6 miles out of Steamboat, then Saturday move to the park where we meet up with MB and Manuel. Husbands then will be on their own with the 3 cats.
ReplyDeleteThis is Bea, sitting in Fair Oaks with Bev until our departure Saturday morning. Lynn and I have been out visiting family (mostly his) since July 18. All I need to do is wash my clothes and I am ready to roll. I am looking forward to an entire week of good talk... family reunions are great fun, but not conducive to lengthy visits. I don't think I have had more than 10 minutes of conversation with Deborah over the past few years. Sunny and cool here...tonight we are going out to dinner and then to "Into the Woods" and Sacramento Music Circus.
ReplyDeleteThis is Bev. Enjoying our time with Bea and Lynn before we head out on Saturday. I am not yet packed, but at least the laundry is done from our recent train trip to Chicago, Springfield, Ill and East Lansing MI. Looking forward to seeing all of the cousins and really having a chance to talk with everyone. Bring lots of pictures of kids, grandkids, etc. I have all of my pictures on my laptop which I will be bringing.
ReplyDelete